This is the first time I have felt Christmassy this year!! Christmas decorations, beautiful red lingerie & an exclusive viewing the new Boux avenue Christmas advert really got me in a festive mood! 5 weeks and counting….!!
Boux Avenue is my go to underwear & PJ’s store! When I first saw the Boux store around 5 years ago I fell in love!!! I adore the French boudoir feel of the stores. Feeling expensive & chic but actually being reasonably priced and great quality!
I modelled for the Boux Avenue August campaign in an incredible tropical garden. It was one of my favourite shoots yet & even more so as I absolutely love the brand, the team on the shoot were incredible & the range I modelled was insane!!
My fav was this beautiful red set…
It’s really important on shoots, especially lingerie/swimwear shoots, that you feel comfortable & confident… which is sometimes hard when you are prancing around a house/studio in just a lace thong & bra infront of 15 people!!
I think the key to confidence is firstly working hard for a body you feel proud of & allowing yourself enough time to achieve a result you are happy with. Having an amazing team that puts you at ease also really helps and I must say the Boux team are fab! And finally, to help with a lingerie shoot you need a little acting!! When I am on holiday a lot of the time I feel conscious getting up & walking to the sea or popping to the bar to get a drink just wearing a bikini. I’ll usually put some denim shorts on or a kaftan yet I can do these photoshoots honestly I don’t know how sometimes!
Modelling is one of my main jobs now & I love it!! It’s really empowering to do things that take you completely out of your comfort zone, plus I love meeting new people & shoots are usually really sociable & fun. I always give myself at least 6 weeks to up my training, eat less sugar & reduce my alcohol intake (surprisingly I find this the hardest! )
My advice for feeling sexy & confident in your lingerie is-
1. Try new shapes & styles! I think we all get set in our ways & stick to what we know works for us! But you never know if something else suits you unless you try it on!
2. Get measured! Our bodies change on a regular basis & there’s nothing more unattractive or uncomfortable as a bad fitting bra or my pet hate is a knicker muffin top lol. Although I have hung on to my 32D bras praying one day they will fit me again! Think I just have to accept fitness stole those bad boys from me & I’m stuck with my little 32B’s .
3. Bin Em!! If your white knickers now look more like an old grey dish cloth put them in the bin! How can you feel sexy & confident in washed out 10 year old panties?!
4. Treat yourself to new underwear now & again or for a special occasion such as Valentine’s Day or a holiday.
5. Back to Basics! Make sure you have amazing nude, white & black basic underwear sets that you feel good in! Strapless bras & seamless knickers are very handy & they don’t need to be ugly & boring – there are so many pretty options out there now!
It was lovely to finally meet Theo Paphitis, the Owner of Boux Avenue.
It was also great bumping into the beautiful Chloe Lewis at the event too.
We had so much fun doing the Mannequin Challenge at the event, here it is… 🙊