Last week I went to design my own Christmas wreath. It is my first Christmas is my new home so I have been even more excited to get my decorations sorted! I absolutely LOVE Christmas and all the sparkle everywhere!
I popped in to see Fay at Fay Pearce Designs in Brentwood, Essex and got designing my wreath! Check out her Instagram page and see her amazing work @faypearcedesigns – I felt so ready for Christmas after doing this… just check out the winter wonderland behind me!
Because it was a really festive day, I wanted to dress for the occasion. How cute is this look!?
Get My Outfit:
Jumper – Oasis
Skirt – Lydia Rose Bright – Sold Out!!
Shoes – Dune
Bag – Aspinal
I asked Faye to give me some top tips for designing your own Christmas wreath to share with you all – let me know how you get on!
- First, you need to decide where you’re going to hang your wreath and check the size of the area before! Choose a wreath size to fit or that is going to cause you problems later. A simple but critical step!
2. Take note of the hardware on the door in order for the Christmas wreath to compliment it. If the hard ware is silver, then choose greys / whites / silvers or if its gold then gold’s / coppers / champagnes. Christmas reds and greens match any and look really festive!
3. Don’t choose just matt coloured decorations. Sparkle is required for extra Christmas style!
4. Once you have selected all items you’d like to include then place them out on to the wreath to design first and play around with what works best and see if you prefer it to look symmetrical or not.
5. As soon as you have it looking right, take a photo of it (because it will all fall out of place!) and then build it up securing it with floral wire, glue gun and pipe cleaners.
6. Towards the end of your creation, hang it onto a door using a wreath holder as you can then tell if everything is completely secure and if anything isn’t sitting quite right. Then adjust accordingly and make your door the star of the show!