Unsweetened shredded coconut is a source of many nutrients including protein, fibre, iron and zinc. Cinnamon is a great antioxidant source – as little as 1/2 of a teaspoon of cinnamon daily can have positive effects on blood sugar levels, digestion, immunity, and more. Honey is great way to add sweetness to a recipe without having to add lots of sugar.
Ingredients (Makes 12)
130g unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tsp melted coconut oil
3 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Add the melted coconut oil in a food processor with half of the shredded coconut.
2. Process until the oil and coconut is mixed (does not have to be smooth and some texture is ok)
3. Add the honey, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and process until well combined. Remove 2 tablespoons of the shredded coconut from the remaining amount and put to the side. Add the remaining shredded coconut to the food processor and pulse until just combined.
4. Shape the mixture into 12 (1-inch) balls and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut.
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour and up to 5 days.
6. These can be eaten cold straight from the fridge or bring to room temperature before eating.