It’s Christmas Eve ekk!!!! I am so excited and just finishing off some final prep for the big day tomorrow! If you fancy some last minute baking, you have to try this chestnut roast from my Results with Lucy plans – let me know what you think!
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 large leek washed, trimmed and sliced
1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
50g pine nuts toasted
1 medium parsnips trimmed, peeled and chopped
1 medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic crushed or chopped
1 carrot trimmed, peeled and sliced
100g vacuum packed chestnuts or tin chestnut puree
1 tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
50g goats cheese, hard or soft (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauce pan. Gently cook the onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened but not coloured. Add the leek, carrots and parsnip with the 200ml water. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes until vegetables are tender.
3. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
4. Place the chestnuts in the food processor and blend for 10-15 seconds until roughly chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and add the vegetables, pine nuts, parsley, thyme and rosemary. Mix well and spoon half the mixture into a baking dish, pressing down well. Dot with half the cheese, if using, and then top with the remaining vegetable mixture. Dot with the rest of the cheese.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
6. Carefully loosen the chestnut roast from the mould with a knife and turn out on to a plate.