Come Tuesday after Christmas and Boxing Day is over we are always left with TONS of leftovers! After two days of eating whatever I like, I tend to want something lighter on the 27th. So here is my recipe for Ham & Courgette Muffins – they are INSANE!
SERVES 4 & MAKES APPROX 8 MUFFINS
12 slices thinly cut leftover ham
30g feta cheese, crumbled
6 eggs, lightly whisked
Butter for greasing
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
3. Line the muffin holes with the ham aiming to cover as much of the muffin holes as possible but try not to overlap them too much
4. Squeeze all of the excess moisture out of the grated courgette
5. Lightly whisk the eggs in a bowl, add the feta and courgette and mix gently
6. Pour the mixture into each ham-lined muffin hole, ensuring you get courgette and feta in each muffin
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and just set
8. Allow to cool in the muffin tin for five minutes before turning out to cool on a wire rack
9. The muffins can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days