Ok, I don’t know about you but I am pretty fed up with eating loads of (delicious!) but bad food. I am ready to get back on it, working out and eating well.
To get you guys motivated too, I wanted to share 3 of my favourite recipes from my Results with Lucy programmes – one for brekkie, lunch and dinner!!
Make sure you try them out and let me know what you think – delicious but super healthy!
BREAKFAST OF QUEENS
Hazelnut Chocolate Porridge
40g porridge oats
250ml of hazelnut milk
3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tbsp honey (adjust to taste)
½ tsp vanilla extract (adjust to taste)
1 handful of hazelnuts (optional)
1. Add the porridge oats, cocoa powder, milk, vanilla and honey to a saucepan
2. The liquid in the pan should be enough to combine the ingredients, but not so much that the mixture is totally covered
3. Bring to the boil then turn down the heat to a slow simmer and keep the porridge moist by adding a little more water if needed
4. When the porridge is cooked through (usually 3-5 minutes, but you might prefer it done for longer so it’s thicker)
5. Remove from the heat and serve (add the hazelnuts to the top if using)
LIGHT BUT FILLING LUNCH
Turkey & Quinoa Salad
1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
1 diced turkey breast
1 small red onion, sliced
4/5 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
200ml of water
1. Preheat the oven to 180c, gas mark 4. Place a layer of foil on a baking tray, add the turkey pieces, then bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
2. Bring the quinoa and 200ml of water to the boil in a saucepan over a medium heat, then pop on the lid, turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Toss the red onion, yellow pepper and tomatoes in virgin olive oil and add to the plate with the quinoa and turkey.
Virgin olive oil
1 diced steak
1/2 red onion, peeled and chopped
1/2 piece of ginger, peeled and finely sliced
1 teaspoon of curry powder (adjust to taste)
1/2 coconut milk
50g button mushrooms, halved
50g florets of cauliflower, halved
1. Heat some oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 mins. Add the ginger and cook for 30 secs. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Heat oil in the pan and cook beef for 2-3 mins or until browned. Return onion mixture to the pan. Add curry powder and stir to coat.
3. Add the coconut milk and cook for 30 mins. Add the mushrooms and cauliflower and cook for a further 20 mins or until the beef is tender.