Due to popular demand (!!!), here it is, Results with Lucy’s Thai Green Curry! I have loads more healthy and delicious curries and much more on Results with Lucy so if you are looking to get healthier make sure you follow one of our meal plans!
– 10ml virgin olive oil
– 1/2 of a red pepper
– 1/2 of a white onion
– 1 carrot
– ½ tin of chickpeas
– 100g of diced chicken breast
– 1 tbsp of Thai green curry paste
– 100ml of coconut milk
– 1 spring onion
– 1 Courgette
– 50g of brown rice
– 1 garlic clove
– 500ml of water
1. Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan, reduce the heat to medium/low, add the brown rice and cover the pan with a lid, then simmer until the water is absorbed and the rice is just tender – this will take around 30 minutes.
2. Pour the olive oil into a saucepan over a high heat.
3. Dice the red pepper, carrot, courgette and onion.
4. Add drained chickpeas and diced chicken breast into a bowl along with the red pepper, carrot and onion. Mix well in a bowl and then add to the saucepan.
5. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, stirring continuously, to seal the chicken.
6. Drop the temperature down to a medium heat, add 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste (or more if you like it hotter) and cook for around 2 minutes, stirring all the time to ensure everything is well coated in the paste.
7. Crush the garlic clove. Stir the coconut milk and garlic into the saucepan, then simmer for 15-20 minutes, until it thickens. Stir frequently to ensure it doesn’t stick. Add more coconut milk depending on your consistency preference.
8. Thinly slice the spring onion.
9. Serve the thai green curry, topped with the spring onion and the rice on the side.
I can’t wait to see the pictures of your curries! Let me know what you think of the flavour.